Job/Position Title: First-hand knowledge of the Greater Cleveland nonprofit community, its leadership, and organizations.
Salary Range: $12 per hour
Application Deadline: This program will open November 14 and close January 23, 2018
The Cleveland Foundation is inviting for the Summer Internship Program to students.The internship program will provide a limited number of college students or recent graduates an opportunity to work in Cleveland-area nonprofit organizations or governmental agencies during the summer months. In order to apply, applicants must be a college junior or senior in fall 2017 or a graduating senior in spring 2017.
Established in 1914, The Cleveland Foundation was the world’s first community foundation. It is to enhance the lives of all residents of Greater Cleveland, now and for generations to come, by building community endowment, addressing needs through grantmaking and providing leadership on key community issues.
To be eligible for this opportunity you must:
- Applicants must be a permanent resident of Cuyahoga, Lake or Geauga counties.
- Applicants must be a college junior or senior in fall 2017 or a graduating senior in Spring 2017.
- If not a student attending a college or university in Cuyahoga, Lake or Geauga counties.
- Applicants should exhibit interest in the nonprofit or public sectors
- Applicants must not be a relative of a member of Cleveland Foundation staff or the Board of Directors.
- Other highly desirable qualifications include:
- A strong academic record (preferably a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above)
- Strong English verbal and written communications skills.
How to Apply:
- In order to apply, If you have registered with them in the past you can skip the registration step and go to the Login link below:
- Register for access to their online application gateway by entering your name and e-mail, and creating a login ID. An e-mail will be sent to you within 5 minutes. Click on the link in the e-mail to complete the registration process given through the link is: https://www.iphiview.com/tcf/Scholarships/StudentRegistration/tabid/683/Default.aspx
- Login (with the e-mail address you used to register), complete the internship application and upload your documents through the given link is: https://www.iphiview.com/tcf/LogIn/tabid/444/Default.aspx
Applicants are required to provide all of the following documents (to be uploaded in .pdf format) in order to be considered:
- Most recent transcript of all your college-level study
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your academic work, employment experience or community/volunteer activities
- They recommend that you upload the letters of recommendation directly into your online application. However, if your personal reference prefers to e-mail their recommendation to us directly, they may send toTCFInterns-at-clevefdn.org
- A typed personal statement of 750 words or less, double-spaced, 12 point font, 1-inch margins
- In the essay, you will describe your interest in the nonprofit or public sectors, why you are applying for the summer internship program, and your previous work and volunteer experiences
- The essay will help the selection committee learn more about you and also evaluate your writing skills
The Cleveland Foundation will provide a full-time, paid internship opportunity ($12 per hour).
If you’ve still any questions, contact directly to 216-685-4009.