Interested in a healthcare career? Local students who are pursuing a career in healthcare are invited to apply for the “St. Mary’s Hospital Foundation Scholarship” that is provided by the St. Mary’s Hospital Foundation. The Foundation accepts applications from individuals interested not only in nursing but also in the growing field of allied health. Each of the scholarships awarded cover payment for tuition, books, and fees associated with the degree or certification.
St. Mary’s Hospital Foundation raises funds for Hospital programs and services. They reveal and foster God’s healing love by improving the health of the people and communities we serve, especially those who are poor or vulnerable.
- Award Amount: $24,000
- Deadline: March 14, 2018
- Winner Announcement: Not Known
Candidates for the scholarship program must demonstrate that they:
- The residents of Southern Maryland: St. Mary’s, Charles and Calvert counties.
- You must have at least a 3.0 high school GPA if applying within four years of high school graduation.
- If it has been more than four years since high school graduation, please submit an ACT score or proof of degree from another school. (This program is not exclusively focusing on high-school aged students, may receive a scholarship as a second career.)
- In return for receiving the scholarship, recipients will commit to working at MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital.
Instructions for Applying:
Application form can be downloaded by the given: link: https://ct1.medstarhealth.org/content/uploads/sites/14/2015/01/2018-MSMH-Foundation-Scholarship-Program-Packet-FINAL.docx?_ga=2.219709533.578835083.1516341341-651843983.1516341341
All application material must be postmarked at the address given below:
MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital
Human Resources Department
25500 Point Lookout Road
Leonardtown, MD 20650
You will need to provide the following information and materials
- A well-written and typed one-page minimum to a two-page maximum double-spaced (12-pt font), the essay describing why he or she should be chosen for the scholarship. The essay must include:
- The candidate’s career goals.
- Why the candidate thinks that he or she would make a good nurse, therapist, etc.
- The candidate will supply a minimum of two (2) letters of reference from non-family members. Letters of reference may not be older than two (2) years.
- If currently or previously enrolled in college courses, an official transcript must be provided by the candidate from any and all colleges/universities attended.
- The candidate will include a high school transcript including the first semester of twelfth grade, if applicable, with the application to verify his or her credentials.
- If it has been greater than four (4) years since the candidate graduated high school, the appropriate standardized test score as required for the degree should be included if applying for Healthcare Scholarship.
- Completed Breach of Contract.
- Completed Contract Signature Page.
- A complete job history listing (resume is acceptable).
- The Foundation will pay up to $3,000.00 per semester for tuition, required books, lab fees, and school appointed uniforms as appropriate for a period of up to four (4) years.
- The total monetary value of the scholarship is up to $24,000.00.
Detailed Information Link:
For more information on the scholarship program, you can call the MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital Human Resources Department at 301-475-6018.