Job/Position Title: Summer research experience in a cutting-edge stem cell science laboratory
Salary Range: A stipend of $4,500 and on-campus housing will likely be available at a cost to the participant of approximately $3,400
Application Deadline: Monday, June 4, 2018
The Harvard Stem Cell Institute (HSCI) is excited to announce its Internship Program to rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors who express a strong interest in stem cell biology. The Harvard Internship Program supports undergraduate students with a focused and challenging summer research experience in a cutting-edge stem cell science laboratory and as well as this is a paid internship programme and it is intended to cover transportation and housing costs related to participation in this program.
The President and Fellows of Harvard College (also called the Harvard Corporation) are the smaller of Harvard University’s two governing boards, the other being its Board of Overseers. HSCI has helped to change the paradigm for biomedical research and education by enabling cross-institutional and cross-disciplinary collaboration and student participation in cutting-edge science.
To eligible, the candidates must meet all the following criteria:
- International students are eligible to apply for this internship programme.
- It is open to rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors who express a strong interest in stem cell biology.
- Applicants may be from Harvard or any college or university across the United States and internationally.
- Previous research experience in a biological laboratory is highly desirable, but not required.
- Applications will not be considered from those who have, or will receive, their baccalaureate degrees by December 2017, or are currently in high school or graduate/medical school.
- Exceptions are made for international students enrolled, directly from high school, in one of the first five years of a six-or-seven-year medical program.
How to Apply:
Applicants firstly create New XID account through the link to apply for the HSCI Internship Program: https://xid.harvard.edu/xid-apps/displaySSCreateForm.do
The Harvard Stem Cell Institute, a stipend of $4,500.00 will be provided, and this is intended to cover transportation and housing costs related to participation in this program. Students, especially international students with J-1 visa requirements, will require evidence of greater personal financial resources to support their time at Harvard. On-campus housing will likely be available at a cost to the participant of approximately $3,500.00.
If you have any questions or additional query, send an email to maureen_herrmann-at-harvard.edu