Award Amount: $2,500
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: September 22, 2017 11:59 PM EST
Winner Announcement: Not known
Liberty Mutual Insurance Company is proud to offer the Liberty Mutual Insurance LEADA@Liberty Scholarship for students who are enrolled in Massachusetts’ Commonwealth Commitment program. The program is open to high school senior and college freshman who are intending to enroll full-time at a Community College in Massachusetts. The purpose of the program is to help more Massachusetts students achieve the dream of a college degree.
Liberty Mutual Insurance is an American diversified global insurer and the fourth-largest property and casualty insurer in the United States.Liberty Mutual Insurance Company helps people preserve and protect what they earn, build, own, and cherish. In business since 1912 and headquartered in Boston, MA.Today, Liberty Mutual is a diversified insurer with operations in 30 countries and economies around the world.
At the time of application completion, the student must be:
- A current high school senior intending to enroll full-time at a Community College in Massachusetts for the 2017-2018 academic school year.
- Enrolled as a full-time (at least 12 credits) first or second-year student at a Community College within the state of Massachusetts for the 2017-2018 academic school year & also planning to transfer to a State University or to the University of Massachusetts.
- Students must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Students must have a demonstrated unmet, financial need as verified by their college (Pell-eligible)
- Students must sign up for the Commonwealth Commitment program before earning their first 15 credits at a Community College and must identify at least one, preferably two, public four-year institutions (State University or University of Massachusetts institutions) that they would like to transfer to
- Students must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. Nationals or Permanent Residents
- Students must be enrolled in the Commonwealth Commitment program, which is part of MassTransfer.
Instructions for Applying:
To apply, the applicant must submit an online application through the given link: https://scholarships.uncf.org/Program/Details/da7b50b3-90a5-44e2-b368-379013b0041a?auto=Apply
To complete this application you will need the following:
- 1-page Personal Statement of career interest and goals
- Copy of current transcript
- One (1) letter of recommendation
Liberty Mutual Insurance will provide maximum $2,500 award.
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any question may be submitted to Jeff Darden II at jeff.darden-at-uncf.org.