Award Amount: $10,500
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: November 30, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not Known
The Iowa Concrete Paving Association (ICPA) is pleased to announce a scholarship program named as “ICPA Scholarships”. Applications are open for those students who have a sophomore status or higher majoring in Civil or Construction Engineering at ISU and U of I, and Construction Management at UNI. (ICPA) is intended to assist in the development of future construction management for the highway construction industry in Iowa by providing scholarships to Civil and Construction Engineering and/or Construction Management students at Iowa State University, the University of Iowa, and the University of Northern Iowa.
Founded in 1963, The Iowa Concrete Paving Association (ICPA) is Iowa’s largest trade association that exclusively represents the interests of those involved with the design, construction, and preservation of concrete pavements.
In order to apply for the scholarship, applicants must meet all of the following eligibility
- Students with a sophomore status or higher majoring in Civil or Construction Engineering at ISU and U of I, and Construction Management at UNI.
- Selection of the scholarship recipient(s) will be based on scholarship need, civil or construction engineering experience, intent to enter the construction field in Iowa, and other criteria.
- Preference will be given to residents of Iowa and the adjoining states.
- Applicants who are immediate relatives of this committee and students who have previously received an ICPA Scholarship are not eligible for an award.
- Selection of the scholarship recipient(s) will be made by the Executive Committee of the Iowa Concrete Paving Association.
Instructions for Applying:
All interested applicants who want to apply may check the given link: http://www.iowaconcretepaving.org/uploads/4/3/6/3/43633777/2018_icpa_scholarship_app.pdf
In order to apply applicants need to write a 1,000-word essay outlining your career goals and objectives.
- Explain what has attracted you to apply for the Iowa Concrete Paving Association Scholarship.
- Also, please offer insight as to why you would consider a career in the concrete paving industry, and/or other related fields such as engineering or construction.
Submit the completed application packet by mail, fax, or email
Executive Committee ICPA
360 SE Delaware Avenue,
Ankeny, IA 50021
The scholarship will be awarded up to three $2,500 and two $1,500 scholarships.
Detailed Information Link:
If you want to know additional information about the scholarship opportunity you can contact to the ICPA office at dking-at-concretestate.org or 515-963-0606.