Title: Inclusion@Google: Autism Edition Summer 2018 Internship Program
Salary Range: Not Known
Consideration Date: November 3, 2017, at 11:59pm PST
Google is seeking applicants for Autism Edition Summer 2018 Internship Program from individuals in the U.S. who identify as being on the Autism Spectrum and are interested in a technical internship in Software Engineering. Join Google for a unique 12-14 week paid internship in summer 2018 that offers personal and professional development, executive speaker series, and community-building. This program will give you an opportunity to work on complex computer science solutions, and also collaborate on multitudes of smaller projects that have universal appeal – which requires research, awareness, interactivity, and asking questions.
Google Inc. is an American multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products. These include online advertising technologies, search, cloud computing, software, and hardware. Google was founded in 1998 by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were Ph.D. students at Stanford University, in California. Together, they own about 14 percent of its shares and control 56 percent of the stockholder voting power through supervoting stock. They incorporated Google as a privately held company on September 4, 1998.
Applicants must be:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship.
- Must be studying in the U.S.
- Must be a person on the Autism Spectrum.
- Strong ability to recognize the pattern, focus for long periods of time, tolerance for repetition and very strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in using the internet, word-processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Experience in systems software.
- Expected graduation date in the winter of 2018 or summer 2019.
- Completed projects or classes focused on Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux or Windows environment, and APIs.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and network programming.
- Implementation skills (C++, C, Java, Python).
How to Apply:
Interested applicants can apply by the given link: