Award Amount: Awards certificates and public recognition
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: January 5, 2018
Winner Announcement: Not Known
Are you passionate about journalism? Think your story might be the best of all the local high school journalists? Prove it! Enter the LIU Post Best of High School Journalism Awards provided by LIU Post Department of Communications And Film. Students who are currently enrolled high school sophomores, juniors or seniors (grades 10-12) can apply for the scholarship program. Award winners receive certificates and will become famous (well, at least on our social media pages, where winners will be featured).
The Media Arts department at LIU Post offers majors and minors in broadcasting, gaming, journalism and public relations.
Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria
- Currently enrolled high school sophomores, juniors or seniors (grades 10-12).
- Participants in high school journalism, school newspaper, radio or TV stations.
- Teachers/advisers may nominate students for awards or students can self-nominate.
Instructions for Applying:
Application form of the scholarship must be downloaded by the given link: http://www.liu.edu/CWPost/~/media/657B60602ED648E6BD7CB4E6DACA221C.ashx
You will be required to submit the following:
- You must submit a completed entry form and one copy of the article, video, or series of articles (as it/ they appeared in print/broadcast/on the web).
- You may enter multiple categories but may only submit up to five entries for each category.
- Entry must include the date of publication/broadcast on all items submitted.
- Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
- Submitted materials will not be returned and the judges in this competition will not offer any written critiques.
- An independent panel of professional journalists and LIU Post professors will judge all entries.
- Winners give LIU Post permission to reproduce and post their names, pictures, and entries on the
All entries must be received by regular mail (postmarked by January 5, 2018) or email to:
Professor Carolyn Levin
Department Communications & Film
LIU Post, Humanities Hall, Room 119A
720 Northern Blvd.,
Brookville, N.Y. 11548
All winners receive awards certificates and public recognition in the following categories.
- Best High School Newspaper
- Best Online Publication
- Best News Story
- Best Feature Story
- Best Sports Story
- Best Commentary/Editorial
- Best News and Sports Photography
Detailed Information Link:
For additional information of the scholarship, you may visit liu.edu/hsja or contact Professor Carolyn Levin at 516-299-2660.