Award Amount: $5,000
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: December 18, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not Known
Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund is seeking applicants for “Maldef Law School Scholarship Program”. The scholarship is open to all students who are enrolled full-time at an accredited United States law school in the 2017-2018 academic school year and are completing their first law degree. MALDEF’s mission is to advance Latino civil rights by awarding scholarships to law students who similarly seek to advance Latino civil rights through their careers.
MALDEF strives to implement programs that are structured to bring Latinos into the mainstream of American political and socio-economic life; providing better educational opportunities; encouraging participation in all aspects of society; and offering a positive vision for the future.
Please see the basic entry requirements below
- Students who are enrolled full-time at an accredited United States law school in the 2017-2018 academic school year and are completing their first law degree.
- Applicants are evaluated based on four main factors: 1) personal background and financial need; 2) academic and extracurricular achievement; 3) demonstrated a commitment to serving the Latino community, shown through the academic, extracurricular, or professional record of service; and 4) future plans to advance the rights of Latinos.
Instructions for Applying:
If you want to0 apply for the scholarship program you can download the application form from the given link: http://maldef.org/assets/pdf/2017-2018_MALDEF_Law_School_Scholarship_Application.pdf
The applicant shall submit all contact information as contained within the application:
- Financial statement Form completed by the applicant’s law school.
- Current Resume.
- Personal Statement up to 750 words, double-spaced. We invite you to submit a
personal statement on a topic of your choosing that you feel will best convey your
strengths in the four main evaluative factors listed above. Please include your
short- and long-term professional aspirations following law school.
- One (1) Letter of Recommendation.
- Transcripts for law school (for applicants who have completed at least one
semester of law school) and college (for applicants who are applying to or just
enrolled in law school). Unofficial transcripts accept.
All application material and form must be mail electronically email@example.com or, by mail to: MALDEF Law School Scholarship Program 634 S. Spring St., 11th Floor
The successful applicant will receive the sum of $5,000.
Detailed Information Link: