Award Amount: $5,000 per year
Number of Awards: Twelve to fifteen (12-15)
Deadline: November 26, 2017, at 11:59 pm
Winner Announcement: Not Known
Michigan Technological University is pleased to offer “Create Your Success Scholarship (CYSS)” for Michigan residents. Michigan and non-Michigan residents who are new incoming first-year undergraduate students can apply for the scholarship. The scholarship offers extraordinary academic support, guidance, and encouragement to students in a collaborative setting through the ExSEL Program (Excelling the Student Experience of Learning).
Michigan Technological University (commonly referred to as Michigan Tech, MTU, or simply Tech) is a public research university located in Houghton, Michigan, United States. Its main campus sits on 925 acres (374 ha) on a bluff overlooking Portage Lake. Michigan Tech was founded in 1885 as the first post-secondary institution in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and was created to train mining engineers to operate the local copper mines.
- Who are new incoming first-year undergraduate students?
- Awarding for the scholarship will have both merits and need-based considerations.
- Michigan and non-Michigan residents from select schools or districts
- To view the select schools or districts, please check the given link: http://www.mtu.edu/admissions/success/
Instructions for Applying:
- If you are interested to apply for the scholarship program check the given link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfsTXA4J6eV5U4KvmhR1NwOwquu_BUVYqRQiPMPfhd7R97eSw/closedform
- You must provide a response to the following essay question. You may submit a written response (about 300 words) personally addressing the essay topic.
- The student community at Michigan Tech is inspired by five values: community, scholarship, possibilities, accountability, and tenacity. Read more about the values online, and then share with which one of these values you most identify with and how this value will aid you in creating your success as a student at Michigan Technological University.
Twelve to fifteen students will be awarded a $5,000 annual scholarship in addition to other Michigan Tech merit-based aid they may qualify for.
Detailed Information Link:
For more information, contact Joe Cooper, Director of Student Financial Services at jjcooper-at-mtu.edu or 888-688-1885.