Award Amount: $5,000.00
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: January 8, 2018
Winner Announcement: Not Known
The New York Bar Foundation is pleased to offer “Real Property Law Section Lorraine Power Tharp Scholarship”. The scholarship is open to all second- and third-year full-time students who are enrolled in a law school in the State of New York during the fall 2018 semester. The New York State Bar Association impact the future of the legal profession through The Foundation by providing invaluable real-life experiences to law students across the state.
Established in the summer of 1950, The New York Bar Foundation is a nonprofit, philanthropic organization that receives charitable contributions from individuals, law firms, corporations or other entities and provides grants to further its goals of promoting and advancing Legal research and education.
The list eligibility criteria are given below:
- The scholarship is open to all second- and third-year full-time students enrolled in a law school in the State of New York during the fall 2018 semester.
- If attending part-time, the scholarship is open to second-, third and fourth-year students enrolled in a law school in the State of New York during the fall 2018 semester.
- The student must have attained a minimum 3.0 or equivalent GPA in law school and must have attained a ranking in the top quarter of the class.
- Preference will be given to students who demonstrate financial need.
Have the following ready before you complete this application.
- Cover letter of interest in the practice of real property law.
- A resume describing your prior employment and other relevant qualifications and activities.
- Unofficial law school transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation, at least one of which is from a law school professor unrelated to the applicant by blood or marriage.
- An essay writes by the student demonstrating why he or she exemplifies Lorraine Power Tharp’s core values. The essay should be no more than two pages, 12 point font, double-spaced with 1-inch margins.
All materials must be submitted by mail with a postmark on Monday, January 8, 2018.
The New York Bar Foundation
One Elk Street
Albany, NY 12207
Or by email: ldorr-at-tnybf.org
- The $5,000.00 scholarship will be awarded to a second- or third-year law student who best exemplifies the core values important to Lorraine – academic excellence.
- The scholarship will be applied to the student’s 2017/2018 academic year tuition.
Detailed Information Link: