Title: Assistant Professor, Counselor Education
Salary Range: Not Known
Consideration Date: October 31, 2017
The Virginia Tech School of Education is inviting application for an Assistant Professor in Counselor Education position in our CACREP-accredited program, anchored in Blacksburg, VA. Counselor Education position in our CACREP-accredited program, anchored in Blacksburg, VA. The position is a tenure-track, academic year appointment with opportunities for summer session employment. Candidates must demonstrate a strong potential for scholarly productivity, as the successful candidate will be expected to develop and conduct research resulting in publications in top-tier peer-reviewed scholarly journals.
Virginia Tech takes a hands-on, engaging approach to education, preparing scholars to be leaders in their fields and communities. As the commonwealth’s most comprehensive university and its leading research institution, Virginia Tech offers 250 undergraduate and graduate degree programs to more than 33,000 students and manages a research portfolio of more than $504 million. The university fulfills its land-grant mission of transforming knowledge to practice through technological leadership and by fueling economic growth and job creation locally, regionally, and across Virginia.
Please see the basic entry requirements below
- A candidate who identifies with the American Counseling Association and abides by the ACA Code of Ethics and the Virginia Tech Principles of Community (http://www.vt.edu/diversity/poc-doc.pdf).
- In addition, a doctorate in counselor education, preferably from a CACREP-accredited program, or core faculty eligibility is required at the time of appointment (August 2018).
- An identifiable research agenda and demonstrated ability to write for scholarly publications is required. Experience with and commitment to working with diverse populations is required.
- Experience in seeking and/or securing external funding to support research and programming is preferred.
- Experience teaching and providing clinical supervision is preferred.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates who have experience as a professional school counselor. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
You can apply for this job position by the given link:
Applicants must provide following documents along with the application:
- Resume/Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter
- Research Statement
Have any questions may be directed to Laura Welfare, Search Committee Chair at welfare-at-vt.edu.