The New York University Tandon School of Engineering is the second oldest private engineering and technology school in the United States. The school dates back to 1854 when its predecessor institutions, the University of the City of New York School of Civil Engineering and Architecture and the Brooklyn Collegiate and Polytechnic Institute, were founded. The school’s main campus is in Brooklyn’s Metro Tech Center, an urban academic-industrial research park.
“Tandon School of Engineering’s mission is to the invention, innovation, and entrepreneurship in all phases of the study. Students enjoy a learning environment conducive to creativity, which is at the heart of tomorrow’s technological innovations and enterprises.”
Check out the overall college rankings is 61%.
- Ranked #3 by U.S. News & World Report Best Online Graduate Computer Information Technology Program in 2017
- Ranked #1 Pay Scale Best Value College in NY State (20-year ROI) in 2015
- Ranked #8 by U.S. News & World Report Best Online Graduate Engineering Programs in 2015
- Ranked #9 by The Princeton Review Top Graduate Schools for Video Game Design in 2015
- Ranked #16 among Financial Engineering and Mathematical Finance programs in North America in 2014
- Ranked #45 (tied) in U.S. News 2017 graduate engineering programs
- New York University Tandon School of Engineering is establishing On May 17, 1853.
- It is one of several engineering schools that were founded based on a European polytechnic university model in the 1800s, in response to the increasing industrialization of the United States.
- The school conferred its first bachelor’s degrees in 1871.
- Graduate programs began in 1901 and the school awarded its first doctoral degree in 1921.
The NYU Tandon School of Engineering main campus is in Downtown Brooklyn and is close to public transportation routes. In addition to its main address at Metro Tech Center in Downtown Brooklyn, the school offers programs in Manhattan. The school is an integral part of NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU Shanghai and the NYU Center for Urban Science and Progress (CUSP) in downtown Brooklyn.
Tandon School of Engineering Master’s Programs
- Applied Physics, MS
- Bioinformatics, MS
- Biomedical Engineering, MS
- Biotechnology, MS,
- Chemical Engineering, MS
- Chemistry, MS
- Civil Engineering, MS
- Computer Science, MS
- Cybersecurity Risk and Strategy, MS
- Environmental Engineering, MS
- Electrical Engineering, MS
- Financial Engineering, MS
- Mathematics, MS
- Translational Surface Engineering, MS
- Urban Infrastructure Systems, MS
Expansion, Financial Difficulties, and Acquisition
- Enrollment at New York University expanded considerably from the early 1900s into the postwar decades.
- However, by the early 1970s, this growth ceased due to rising crime and financial troubles in New York City.
Financial Aid Available: 98% Job Placement
- Applied Physics
- Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Civil and Urban Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Finance and Risk Engineering
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Technology, Culture, and Society
- Technology Management and Innovation
Address: 6 Metro Tech Center, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
Phone: +1 646-997-3600
Acceptance Rate: 35% (2015)
Academic Staff: 396
You can also join our facebook page for latest updates kindly go through the given link: https://www.facebook.com/DevelopingCareer/