Title: Assistant Professor, Geography/Geomorphology
Salary Range: Not Known
Consideration Date: October 1, 2017
The Texas State University seeks applications for Assistant Professor, Geography/Geomorphology in Department of Geography. Duties will include the ability to teach courses in support of our undergraduate and graduate programs, including introductory and advanced courses in geomorphology and physical geography. The position includes maintaining an active research agenda and advising Masters/Ph.D. students.
Texas State University is a public research university located in San Marcos, Texas, United States. Established in 1899 as the Southwest Texas State Normal School, it opened in 1903 to 303 students. Since that time it has grown into the largest institution in the Texas State University System and the fifth-largest university in the state of Texas with an enrollment of over 38,000 students for the 2015 fall semester.
You are encouraged to apply if you are
- A Ph.D. degree in geography, earth/environmental sciences, or a related field, is required by time of appointment.
- The ability to develop a strong and active research agenda in geomorphology is required.
- A demonstrated record of publishing peer-reviewed scholarship in geomorphology is required.
- The ability to teach courses in support of our undergraduate and graduate programs, including introductory and advanced courses in geomorphology and physical geography is required.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this job opportunity, you may go through the given link to apply: https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/login
- A letter of application outlining their research agenda, teaching an experience and career goal that meets the required and preferred qualifications as stated above
- Up-to-date curriculum vitae
- At least one sample of published scholarship in geomorphology
- Course teaching evaluations (if available)
- The name, e-mail address, and telephone number of three references
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran’s Preference
- Statement of Research Interests
- Evidence of Teaching Experience/Evaluations