Award Amount: $23,000 each
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: There is no deadline
Winner Announcement: Not known
The Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grant is one of the most prestigious grants available for Artists to provide financial grants to art students and to artists in the early or developmental stage of their career that is funded by the Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation. In order to apply, the applicant must be at least 18 years of age at the time of submitting their application. The Foundation provides financial assistance to artists who work in a representational style of painting, drawing, sculpting or printmaking, are in the early or developmental stage of their career, and demonstrate a commitment to making art a lifetime career.
The purpose of the Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation aids talented artists in the early stages of their careers by aiding worthy art students, artists, or sculptors who need further training or other assistance during their formative years. The Foundation provides grants to emerging artists from all around the world.
To be eligible for grant candidates must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must be in the early or developmental stage of their career, work in a representational style of painting, drawing, sculpting or printmaking and demonstrate a commitment to making their art a lifetime career.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age at the time of submitting their application.
- Grantees who have complied with the terms and conditions of a grant previously awarded to them by the Foundation may apply for a second or third grant one year after the award of their previous grant.
- Only those working in a representational style of painting drawing, sculpture or printmaking will be considered.
- The Foundation does not accept applications from commercial artists, graphic designers and illustrators, photographers, cartoonists, animation artists, video artists, filmmakers and digital artists, craft makers or any artist whose work falls primarily into these categories. The Foundation does not provide funding for the pursuit of abstract or non-objective art.
- Applicants who have previously applied for, but not receive, a grant may reapply after two years.
- Grants are available to students and artists around the world.
How to Apply:
To apply, the applicant must create an account for submitting online application through the given link: https://www.elizabethgreenshieldsfoundation.org/register
- If you already have an account you can login on the given link: https://www.elizabethgreenshieldsfoundation.org/login
- Applications must be completed online, then printed, dated and signed by the applicant and submitted by mail. Applicants may not submit applications by fax, email, Internet or other electronic means.
- Proof of identity
- Proof of Acceptance:
- Artistic Proposal
- Artistic Statement
- Letter of Reference
- Exhibition and Press Materials
Financial Aid and Award Money:
First grants are in the amount of CAD$15,000, and second and third grants are in the amount of CAD$18,000.
The Foundation welcomes applications throughout the year. There is no deadline for filling and sending the application form.
Link for More Information:
If you have any questions, contact by email to info-at-greenshieldsfoundation.ca or call 514-937-9225