Award Amount: Scholarship covers the cost of the registration fee and mandatory fees.
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: October 31, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not Known
Truckee Meadows Community College is pleased to announce a scholarship program named as “Nevada Promise Scholarship”. The scholarship is designed to Enroll in a minimum of 12 semester credit hours in an associate degree program, a bachelor’s degree program or a certificate of achievement program for each semester of the school year immediately following the school year in which the student graduates from high school.
Truckee Meadows Community College is a 2-year, public community college and technical college located in the Truckee Meadowsof Reno, Nevada. The Community College is primarily a commuter campus with 5 locations. The main (Dandini) campus is located just north of Interstate 80 and U.S. Route 395 in Reno.
Please see the basic entry requirements below
- Be classified as a Nevada resident for tuition purposes by the institution where they plan to receive the NV Promise Scholarship.
- Before the beginning of the Fall 2018 semester have earned one of the following during the 2017-2018 academic year:
- High school diploma from a public or private high school located in Nevada;
- High school diploma from a public high school in a county of another state that borders Nevada and accepts Nevada residents; or
- General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or equivalent document.
- Be less than 20 years of age when initially receiving the scholarship.
- Not have earned a prior associate or bachelor’s degree.
- Not be in default on any federal student loan.
- Not owe a refund to any federal student aid program.
- Meet all program deadlines, including:
- Complete the Nevada Promise Application no later than 11:59 p.m. on October 31, 2017, for the Fall 2018 award year.
- Attend at least one training meeting offered by the college no later than December 30, 2017.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) no later than April 1, 2018, and subsequently receive an Expected Family Contribution (EFC).
- No later than April 30, 2018:
- Meet at least once with their mentor (assigned by the college);
- Complete at least 20 hours of eligible community service; and
- Attend a second training meeting offered by the college.
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 semester credit hours in an associate degree program, a bachelor’s degree program or a certificate of achievement program for each semester of the school year immediately following the school year in which the student graduates from high school.
Instructions for Applying:
If you are interested to apply for the scholarship, you must check the given link: https://nshe.onbaseonline.com/FormsAppNet/UnityForm.aspx?key=UFSessionIDKey
- As a last-dollar scholarship, the Nevada Promise Scholarship covers the cost of the registration fee and mandatory fees (tuition is not charged to residents of Nevada) not covered by other gift aid.
- Gift aid is defined as a federal Pell Grant, a Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG), a Silver State Opportunity Grant (SSOG), or a Governor Guinn Millennium Scholarship (GGMS).
- The Nevada Promise Scholarship can provide for up to three years of coverage of registration fees and other mandatory fees to eligible students not covered by other gift aid, subject to appropriation.
- If there are not sufficient funds available for all eligible scholarship applicants, students will be awarded in order of the date the application was received.
Detailed Information Link:
Have any question you may contact to the address given below:
Truckee Meadows Community College
7000 Dandini Boulevard, RDMT 315
Reno, Nevada 89512-3999
Telephone: 775-673-8236 or Fax: 775-674-7939