Award Amount: First Prize: $5,000,Second Prize: $2,500,Third Prize: $1,500
Number of Awards: 3
Deadline: September 30, 2017
Winner Announcement: December 2017
Do you want to enter in an Essay Contest, then hurry up! The U.S. Naval Institute is inviting entries for Leadership Essay Contest.The contest will provide thought-provoking articles that spur ongoing discussion of these same issues, not only in Naval Institute media, print and digital but also in other leading defense and national security forums. It directly fulfills the Institute’s educational mission by encouraging writing on issues of concern to the Sea Services.
The U.S. Naval Institute has been a fixture at the U.S. Naval Academy since its founding in 1873 by a group of 15 naval officers who began meeting to discuss the serious implications of a smaller, post-Civil War Navy and other matters of professional interest.
Only junior officers, O-4 (LCDR/MAJ) and below, from the U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps, and U.S. Coast Guard will be eligible to participate.
Instructions for Applying:
- Include Leadership Essay Contest Submission in subject line of email
- Include word count on title page of essay but do not include your name on title page or within essay
- Provide separate attachment to include biography and complete contact information — i.e., work, home, and cell phone numbers; and home mailing address
- Essay length must be 3,000 words maximum (excludes footnotes/endnotes/sources).
In order to apply, the applicants will send your Essay by email at essay-at-usni.org.
- First Prize: $5,000
- Second Prize: $2,500
- Third Prize: $1,500
- The winners will be recognized at West 2018
Detailed Information Link: