Award Amount: $5,500
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: November 15, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not known
The University of Arkansas – Fort Smith is pleased to announce the Engineering Scholarship for students who demonstrate strong academic performance and have the desire to complete a degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. The highly competitive scholarship is open high school graduates who are first-time entering freshmen and seeking a bachelor degree through UAFS.
The University of Arkansas–Fort Smith (UAFS) is a public, coeducational, four-year university located in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States. The University of Arkansas–Fort Smith was established in 1928 as an extension of the public school system in Fort Smith, Arkansas.
- Students must be high school graduates (first-time entering freshmen)
- High school seniors graduating in the spring of 2018 and begin seeking a bachelor degree through UAFS in the fall of that same year.
- Students must be U.S. citizens.
- Students must have ACT Score: 27
- Students must have high school GPA: 3.5
- Students seek a degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Current students will be responsible for the scholarship renewal criteria listed on their contract. Changing majors could result in loss of award.
- Renewal Criteria:
- Maintain 3.0 cumulative UAFS GPA
- Maintain full-time status (30 credit hours per year recommended)
Instructions for Applying:
To apply, the applicants may download an application form goes through the given link: http://admissions.uafs.edu/sites/admissions.uafs.edu/files/Departments/Financial/documents/current/UAFS%20PRESTIGIOUS%20SCHOLARSHIP%20APPLICATION.pdf
- Resume- include activities and leadership positions held in and outside of school as well as work experience and special achievements
- 3 letters of reference – These should be from someone who can speak for your leadership abilities both in and outside of school (i.e. teacher, principal, employer, pastor)
- Essay- describes your educational goals or submits a sample of your writing
The applicant must submit their completed application to UAFS Financial Aid, PO Box 3649, Fort Smith, AR 72913.
The winners of the University Engineering Scholarship will receive up to $5,500 for tuition and fees each year for 4 years.
Detailed Information Link:
For more information about this scholarship, contact Dr. Darbeau, Dean of the College of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics and the School of Education at (479) 788-7611 or e-mail at ron.darbeau-at-uafs.edu.