The University of Massachusetts Amherst (UMass Amherst) is one of the major public research universities in America. UMass Amherst is the largest public university in New England and is ranked as tied for the 27th best public university in the nation. Nestled in idyllic Amherst, Massachusetts, the campus is consistently ranked among the top public research universities in the nation and offers a rich cultural environment in a rural setting close to major urban centers. It utilizes a semester-based academic calendar. In partnership with campus colleagues, they contribute to students’ successful educational experience, support an actively engaged and diverse student body, and challenge them to become leaders in their community and the world.
Mission & Vision
- Mission: To provide teaching, research, and public service to benefit people in Massachusetts, the nation, and the world.
- Vision: Student Affairs and Campus Life is a nationally recognized team of student affairs educators dedicated to excellence, innovation, and social justice.
UMass Amherst’s Values
The university’s value a student-centered community where:
- Collaboration exists in the spirit of teamwork, learning, and creativity
- Communication is respectful, open and continuous
- Integrity guides our sense of honesty, fairness, and compassion
- Diversity and inclusion are embedded in our work
- Innovative processes bring about the advancement of knowledge, personal growth, and sustainable change
- Excellence is achieved through best practices, knowledge, and demonstrated expertise
University of Massachusetts Amherst Acceptance Rate
- University of Massachusetts Amherst Acceptance Rate is 3% according to 2015
- University of Massachusetts Amherst Application Fee: Pay the nonrefundable $80 application fee online through the common application process
The student-faculty ratio at the University of Massachusetts–Amherst is 18:1, and the school has 48.8 percent of its classes with fewer than 20 students. The most popular majors at the University of Massachusetts–Amherst include: Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services, Social Sciences, Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Health Professions and Related Programs, and Psychology.
University of Massachusetts–Amherst offers a number of student services, including nonremedial tutoring, women’s center, placement service, day care, health service, health insurance. The university also offers campus safety and security services like 24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport/escort service, 24-hour emergency telephones, lighted pathways/sidewalks, controlled dormitory access (key, security card, etc).
- The University of Massachusetts—Amherst’s ranking in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges is 75 in National Universities.
- 2017 edition of America’s Best Colleges ranked UMass Amherst tied for 74th on their list of “Best National Universities”, and tied for 27th among public universities in the U.S.
Cost & Financial Aid
- At the University of Massachusetts–Amherst, 55 percent of full-time undergraduates receive some kind of need-based financial aid, and the average need-based scholarship or grant award is $10,647.
- Its in-state tuition and fees are $15,596 (2017-18), out-of-state tuition and fees are $33,662 (2017-18).In 2007, UMass Amherst celebrated its 60th anniversary as a university.”
University of Massachusetts–Amherst has a total undergraduate enrollment of 23,373, with a gender distribution of 51 percent male students and 49 percent female students. At this school, 60 percent of the students live in college-owned, -operated or -affiliated housing and 40 percent of students live off campus.
- Address: Amherst, MA 01003, USA
- Phone: +1 413-545-0111
- Website: http://www.umass.edu/
You can also join our facebook page for latest updates kindly go through the given link: https://www.facebook.com/DevelopingCareer/