In memory of Thomas and Lulu Charleston, the United Negro College Fund (UNCF) is pleased to provide the “Charleston Family Trust Scholarship”. To eligible, the applicant must be an African American and legal residents of the United States who are enrolled full-time at any 4-year accredited institution. The Charleston’s hard work and perseverance have given way for them to leave a part of their legacy to those who would otherwise be unable to pursue an education.
United Negro College Fund (UNCF) is the nation’s largest and most effective minority education organization. UNCF’s mission is to build a robust and nationally-recognized pipeline of under-represented students who, because of UNCF support, become highly-qualified college graduates.
- Award Amount:$3,000
- Deadline: January 19, 2018
- Winner Announcement: Not known
In order to apply applicants must:
- Be African American and legal residents of the United States.
- Have a cumulative grade point average of a 2.5 on a 4.0 scale and submit an uploaded official or unofficial current college academic transcript which demonstrates this GPA.
- Have completed a FAFSA and demonstrate a financial need based on the review of a Financial Aid office official.
- Be enrolled full-time at any 4-year accredited institution.
Instructions for Applying:
To apply firstly you may log in or create an account through the given link: https://scholarships.uncf.org/Account/LogOn
Applicants must submit the following:
- Submit a (1) page personal statement on the topic of ‘Providing service to your community’.
- Submit (1) letter of recommendation, to be submitted by reference via the online form.
There are Three (3) awards of up to $3,000 available, it’s based upon a student’s unmet financial need.
Detailed Information Link:
For any query, you can contact Ms. JaiSun McCormick at jaisun.mccormick-at-uncf.org