Award Amount: $5,000
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: October 6, 2017
Winner Announcement: November 2017
The United Negro College Fund (UNCF) is pleased to announce the VertusHardiman Endowed Scholarship to help to college students who have academic classification as a college freshman, sophomore, junior, and Senior. The Scholarship is open to students at HBCUs enrolled during the 2017-2018 academic year who have Candidates must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. The purpose of the program provides an award to the student that depending on the financial need of the student as verified by the attending University or College.
The United Negro College Fund, or UNCF, is an American philanthropic organization that funds scholarships for black students and general scholarship funds for 37 private historically black colleges and universities. UNCF was incorporated on April 25, 1944, by Frederick D. Patterson, Mary McLeod Bethune, and others. UNCF is headquartered in Washington D.C. It is the nation’s largest private scholarship provider to minority group members.
- Candidates must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Current college freshman should use their final GPA from high school.
- Students should be in the college graduation classes of 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- High School students are ineligible for consideration.
- Ethnicities: African American/Black
- Residency Status: U.S. Citizen, U.S. national or permanent resident
- Colleges / Universities: HBCUs
- Academic Classification: College Freshman, College Sophomore, College Junior, College Senior
Instructions for Applying:
To apply, the applicant can submit an online application through the given link: https://scholarships.uncf.org/Program/Details/123c6a63-3513-4a63-a926-5350ca247bfd?auto=Apply
In order to have a completed application package, candidates must include:
- Essay (prompt and instructions located within the appropriate section of the application)
- Transcript (unofficial accepted)
The scholarship will provide an award up to $5,000 depending on the financial need of the student as verified by the attending University or College. This is a one-time award to be disbursed in November 2017
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any questions, contact by email to Kenya Gray at kenya.gray-at-uncf.org.