The University of California, Irvine is a public research university, was established in 1965. UCI is recognized internationally for research, discovery and scholarly efforts that improve lives throughout California and benefit communities in every corner of the globe. The university is a research institution in Orange County, specializes in areas such as cancer and neuroscience studies in conjunction. UC Irvine offers 80 undergraduate degrees and 98 graduate and professional degrees.
The University of California, Irvine’s mission is to discover and disseminate knowledge through research, teaching and creative expression in acclaimed.
Uc Irvine Ranking
- It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 27,331, its setting is suburban, and the campus size is 1,474 acres.
- The University of California—Irvine’s ranking in Best Colleges is 42 National Universities.
- National Ranking:
- Money Magazine ranked UC Irvine 7th in the country out of the nearly 2400 schools it evaluated for its 2017-2018 Best Colleges ranking.
- For 2017, U.S. News & World Report ranked UC Irvine tied for 39th among national universities and 9th among public universities in the U.S.
Acceptance Rate: 40.7% (2016)
- The student-faculty ratio at the University of California–Irvine is 18:1, and the school has 57 percent of its classes with fewer than 20 students.
- The most popular majors at the University of California–Irvine include Biology/Biological Sciences, General, Social Psychology, Public Health, Other, Business/Managerial Economics, and Criminology.
- Total Enrollment: 32,754
- Biological Sciences
- Information & Computer Sciences
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Nursing Science
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Public Health
- Social Ecology
- Social Sciences etc
University of California–Irvine offers a number of student services, including nonremedial tutoring, day care, health service, and health insurance. University of California–Irvine also offers campus safety and security services like 24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport/escort service, 24-hour emergency telephones, lighted pathways/sidewalks, student patrols, controlled dormitory access (key, security card, etc).
- University of California–Irvine has a total undergraduate enrollment of 27,331, with a gender distribution of 47 percent male students and 53 percent female students.
- At this school, 41 percent of the students live in college-owned, -operated or -affiliated housing and 59 percent of students live off campus.
Uc Irvine Departments
- Claire Trevor School of the Arts
- Francisco J. Ayala School of Biological Sciences
- Paul Merage School of Business
- School of Education
- Henry Samueli School of Engineering
- School of Humanities
- Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences
- School of Law
- School of Medicine
- Sue & Bill Gross School of Nursing
- Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- School of Physical Sciences
- Program in Public Health
- School of Social Ecology
- School of Social Sciences
Cost & Financial Aid
- At the University of California–Irvine, 64 percent of full-time undergraduates receive some kind of need-based financial aid, and the average need-based scholarship or grant award is $19,149.
- Its in-state tuition and fees are $15,516 (2017-18), out-of-state tuition and fees are $43,530 (2017-18).
- Room and Board: $14,829 (2017-18)
When applying to the University of California–Irvine, it’s important to note that:
- The application deadline is Nov. 30.
- The application fee at the University of California–Irvine is $70.
- Scores for either the ACT or SAT test are due Dec. 31.
- Transfer students accepting applications – Fall
- Transfer students minimum credits to apply – 45
- Transfer students minimum required college GPA – 2.4
- International students application deadline – Fall – Nov. 30.
- International Student Contact: Archana Sheth, International Student Advisor, (949) 824-2621, asheth-at-uci.edu
- Address: Irvine, CA 92697, USA
- Phone: +1 949-824-5011
- Website: https://uci.edu/