Job Title: Tenure-track Assistant Professor
Salary Range: Not Known
Consideration Date: November 30, 2017
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of California Irvine (UCI) invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in the area of hydrology and water resources. Strong quantitative skills are required and research expertise that combines field observations, theory and modeling will be given special consideration.
Recruit provides for secure online academic employment recruitment management, supporting the entire recruitment workflow from creation, application, reference gathering, reviewing by the search committee, and, finally, selecting a hired candidate. Reports are built-in to the system, providing for an easy way to create the reports that the University of California’s Office of the President uses to ensure all campuses meet their requirements as equal opportunity employers. Recruit also ensures the security and integrity of all applicant, reference, and related recruitment data.
All applicants must be:
- Have a doctoral degree from an accredited university in a relevant science or engineering discipline.
- Successful candidates will be expected to develop a vigorous externally funded research program, maintain a strong publication record, advise students, provide outstanding teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels, and contribute their leadership and innovative thinking towards an excellent water sciences and engineering program within the Department.
- Successful candidates will also be expected to contribute towards a campus-wide initiative to create more field-based (off-campus) student learning opportunities with the goal of increasing the number of students (especially underrepresented minority students) pursuing graduate degrees in water-related programs.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position applicants must create an Applicant ID by the given link:
- Curriculum Vitae – Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research – Description of research
- Statement of Teaching – Description of teaching interests
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity – Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI’s Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
Have any question you can go through the given link and download the contact form: