Title: Photography and Drawing/Painting Teaching Lab Specialist
Salary Range: $35,000 – $36,000
Consideration Date: October 2, 2017
At the University of Florida a job available on Photography and Drawing/Painting Teaching Lab Specialist Position. Supervise and maintain functioning of all photography equipment and facilities, including digital imaging equipment (cameras, printers, computers, scanners) and machinery (darkroom equipment, wet lab processing and printing facilities, studio area and all studio lighting equipment) in the Creative Photography lab areas, classrooms, post-production areas, display areas, Fawbush Lab, and senior project space. Supervise and maintain the functioning of all Painting and Drawing equipment in Fine Arts Building D (FAD).
The University of Florida (commonly referred to as Florida or UF) is an American public land-grant, sea-grant, and space-grant research university on a 2,000-acre (8.1 km2) campus in Gainesville, Florida. It is a senior member of the State University System of Florida and traces its origins to 1853, and has operated continuously on its Gainesville campus since September 1906.
Minimum requirements for the position:
- Applicants must high school diploma and four years of appropriate experience.
- Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
- BFA in Art. Comprehensive understanding and experience with all photo related activities including black and white darkroom film and print processing, alternative processes, analog and digital cameras, digital photography printing and workflow including scanning, editing, and color management. Advanced knowledge of black and white darkroom and digital photo equipment.
- Basic knowledge of studio practices related to drawing, painting, and printmaking.
- Strong organizational skills and a high level of self-motivation to keep up to date with changing technology.
- The successful candidate will be able to work well independently and as part of a team, have demonstrated people skills, and excellent written and verbal skills.
How to Apply:
The application must be completed by the given link: https://jobs.ufl.edu/
Applicants must submit the following information along with the application:
- Cover letter
- A resume
- Names and contact information of three professional references.
- Advertised salary is $35,000 – $36,000 Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Eligible for a comprehensive benefits package.