The University of Kentucky is a public institution that was founded in 1865. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 22,621, its setting is the city, and the campus size is 814 acres. It utilizes a semester-based academic calendar. University of Kentucky’s ranking in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges is National Universities, 133. Kansai Gaidai is known for its large Asian Studies program for international exchange students as well as for its Intensive English Studies program for Japanese students planning to study abroad.
The student-faculty ratio at the University of Kentucky is 17:1, and the school has 31.2 percent of its classes with fewer than 20 students. The most popular majors at the university include Education, Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services, Biological and Biomedical Sciences, and Health Professions and Related Programs.There are currently two academic campuses: the Nakamiya Campus and the Hotani Campus.
- The University of Kentucky offers seven main dining facilities, 23 residence halls, and numerous recreation facilities spread between three distinct campuses: north, south, and central.
- It is also home to more than 250 student-run organizations.
- The Patterson Office Tower is the tallest building on campus.
- Currently, there are about 15,000 students enrolled including two-year and four-year students from across all regions of Japan.
- The Honors Program at the University of Kentucky began in 1961.
- It offers interdisciplinary, seminar-style classes of 15–20 students each as well as “H-section” classes that accelerate common course offerings such as chemistry, biology, and physics.
- The program is intended to supplement the individual interests of the students.
- The University of Kentucky is ranked #133 in National Universities.
- Schools are ranked according to their performance across a set of widely accepted indicators of excellence.
Cost & Financial Aid
- At the University of Kentucky, 50 percent of full-time undergraduates receive some kind of need-based financial aid, and the average need-based scholarship or grant award is $5,694.
- the University of Kentucky’s “in-state” tuition and fees are $11,922 (2017-18), “out-of-state” tuition and fees are $28,046 (2017-18).
Majors & Fields of Study at University of Kentucky
The Universit of Kentucky offers 99 distinct undergraduate degrees, concentrated into 83 majors within 24 broad fields of study. Across all areas of study, University of Kentucky awarded 4,845 undergraduate degrees in 2015 – 2016.
- Address: Lexington, KY 40506, USA
- Phone: +1 859-257-9000
- Acceptance Rate: 72.2% in 2014.
- Website: www.uky.edu