The University of Lausanne is a private university of Lake Geneva, with around 14,300 students and 3,000 researchers, which established in 1537. It is also known as UNIL, is presently ranked within the global top 150 of the QS World University Rankings. It has the best laboratories for researchers, along with well-equipped lecture theatres for staff and students.
The University of Lausanne is focused on several academic disciplines, especially Medicine, Life Sciences, Geosciences, Environment, Business, Humanities and Social Sciences. This university provides the best career for undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate students.
- The University of Lausanne (UNIL) was founded in 1537.
- Following an increase and diversification in the number of faculties, it became a university in 1890.
- From 1970, the UNIL moved increasingly from the old center of Lausanne, around the cathedral and chateau, to its present site at Dorigny.
World Rankings: The World University Ranking (2016–17) -144
- To be an eligible candidate must pass a French exam before admission to the University.
- The basic admission requirement is a secondary school-leaving certificate or its equivalent.
Studying at UNIL
- PhD Programs
Academic year split into two semesters:
- Semester 1: September–December, followed by examinations in January.
- Semester 2: February–May, followed by examinations in June.
Student Services and Facilities
- Best laboratories for researchers
- Three unique faculties in Switzerland: Law and Criminal Justice, Biology and Medicine, and Geosciences and Environment.
- University Hospital
- Lausanne Cantonal University Library with two million documents.
Address: 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Phone: +41 21 692 11 11