Acceptance rate is specially measured by the percentage of students who are admitted. For Examples:
- A 5% acceptance rate for a school that gets 500,000 applications still means that 25,000 people were accepted.
- A school that gets 50,000 applications and admits 25,000 students is going to have a 50% acceptance rate, which looks a lot less impressive than 5%, even though the same number of students was accepted.
University of Minnesota Acceptance Rate: 45% in 2015
About the University:
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities is a public research university in Minneapolis and Saint Paul, Minnesota. The Minneapolis and St. Paul campuses are approximately 3 miles (4.8 km) apart, and the Saint Paul campus is actually in neighboring Falcon Heights. It is the oldest and largest campus within the University of Minnesota system and has the sixth-largest main campus student body in the United States, with 51,147 students in 2013–14.
“The University of Minnesota, founded in the belief that understanding enriches all people, is dedicated to the advancement of learning and the search for truth; to the sharing of this knowledge through education for a diverse community, and to the application of this knowledge to benefit the people of the state, the nation, and the world.”
- Global: In 2016, Minnesota was ranked 33rd in the world by the Academic Ranking of World Universities. In its 2017 edition, U.S. News & World Report ranked Minnesota 38th in their “Best Global University Rankings”.
- National: The University of Minnesota is ranked 14 overall among the nation’s top research universities by the Center for Measuring University Performance.
Admissions and Aid:
- Undergraduate Student Admissions
- Graduate Student Admissions
- Professional Program Admissions
From liberal arts to science and engineering, their students work with field-shaping faculty and researchers. They create classrooms, research opportunities, and community engagement experiences that prepare students to be leaders, innovators, and global citizens.
Calendar, Costs, Courses:
- Academic calendar
- Costs, tuition, and fees
- University Catalogs
- Course search
- Class schedule search
- Grades and transcripts
- Non-degree student information
The safety of their students, faculty, staff, and visitors is incredibly important to all of us at the University of Minnesota, and the Twin Cities campus is among the safest in the country. Students can receive real-time safety alerts via text message by signing up for TXT-U, and alarm buttons and emergency phones are located throughout campus. Parking facilities, skyways, and tunnels are monitored 24 hours a day with the aid of security cameras, and campus escorts are available to bike and walk with you to and from campus locations and nearby neighborhoods—just call 612-624-WALK.
Student Groups and Activities:
Their students come together to socialize and learn from each other in more than 800 student groups, from the Alpine Ski Team and the Black Student Union to the Bass Fishing Team and the Capoeira Club. We also have an active Fraternity and Sorority community.
- Address: Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
- Phone: +1 612-625-5000
- Website: https://twin-cities.umn.edu/
You can also join our facebook page for the latest updates kindly go through the given link: https://www.facebook.com/DevelopingCareer/