Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: October 15, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not known
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill hosts an independent merit scholarship programs named as the Morehead-Cain Scholarship. The merit program is open to North Carolina, U.S., British, and international students.The Morehead-Cain is among the most highly selective of the elite undergraduate merit scholarship programs in the U.S.
To be eligible for the Morehead-Cain, you must be:
- A competitive applicant to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- On track to graduate in the spring
- North Carolina Schools: All high schools in North Carolina are eligible to nominate students for the Morehead-Cain. The number of nominees from each North Carolina school is determined by the size of the senior class: Size of Senior Class- Number of Nominees
- Up to 199 – 2 nominees
- 200–399 – 3 nominees
- 400–499 – 4 nominees
- 500+ – 5 nominees
- British and Canadian Schools: All British and Canadian schools are eligible to become nominating partners, and each school may nominate up to three students for the Morehead-Cain. If your school is not currently a nominating school, but you would like to nominate students for the Morehead-Cain, please contact selections to have your school added to our list of nominating partners.
- Out-of-State and International Schools: Out-of-state and international secondary schools must be named official nominating schools by the Morehead-Cain Foundation to be eligible to put forward students for the scholarship. Out-of-state nominating schools may nominate two seniors each year for the Morehead-Cain; international nominating schools may nominate three seniors each year.
Instructions for Applying:
To apply, the applicants can submit an online application through the given link: http://www.moreheadcain.org/apply/application-process/
- Launched in 2008, the Discovery Fund is one of the more recent innovations to the Morehead-Cain Program.
- Through the Discovery Fund, each scholar may apply for grants of up to $8,000 over the course of his or her four years at Carolina.
- The Discovery Fund provides opportunities to explore new ideas, develop practical skills, and connect with Morehead-Cain Alumni.
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any questions, ask their scholar selection team at selections-at-moreheadcain.org