The University of Texas at Austin (UT, UT Austin, or Texas) is a public research university and the flagship institution of the University of Texas System. UT Austin was inducted into the Association of American Universities in 1929, becoming only the third university in the American South to be elected. The institution has the nation’s eighth-largest single-campus enrollment, with over 50,000 undergraduate and graduate students and over 24,000 faculties and staff. The University of Texas System (UT System) encompasses 14 educational institutions in the U.S. state of Texas, of which eight are academic universities and six are health institutions. The UT System is headquartered in Austin, and has a total enrollment of over 216,000 students (largest university system in Texas) and employs more than 87,000 faculties and staff.
The mission of The University of Texas at Austin is to achieve excellence in the interrelated areas of undergraduate education, graduate education, research and public service. The university provides superior and comprehensive educational opportunities at the baccalaureate through doctoral and special professional educational levels.
- 2018 University of Texas-Austin is ranked #56 in National Universities
- Currently, University of Texas ranking is 52.
- University of Texas-Austin offers a number of student services, including nonremedial tutoring, women’s center, placement service, day care, health service, health insurance.
- University of Texas–Austin also offers campus safety and security services like 24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport/escort service, 24-hour emergency telephones, lighted pathways/sidewalks, controlled dormitory access (key, security card, etc).
- Alcohol is permitted for students of legal age at the University of Texas-Austin.
- The student-faculty ratio at the University of Texas–Austin is 18:1, and the school has 34.6 percent of its classes with fewer than 20 students.
- The most popular majors at the University of Texas–Austin includes: Engineering; Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services, Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs, and Social Sciences.
- The average freshman retention rate, an indicator of student satisfaction, is 95 percent.
- University of Texas-Austin has a total undergraduate enrollment of 40,168, with a gender distribution of 47 percent male students and 53 percent female students
- At this school, 18 percent of the students live in college-owned, -operated or -affiliated housing and 82 percent of students live off campus
Cost & Financial Aid
At the University of Texas-Austin, 40 percent of full-time undergraduates receive some kind of need-based financial aid, and the average need-based scholarship or grant award is $9,587.
- Address: Austin, TX 78712, USA
- Phone: +1 512-471-3434
You can also join our facebook page for the latest updates kindly go through the given link: https://www.facebook.com/DevelopingCareer/