The University of Tsukuba, one of the oldest national universities (established by Japanese Government) and one of the most comprehensive research universities in Japan, founded in 1973. The main Tsukuba campus covers an area of 258 hectares (636 acres), making it the second largest single campus in Japan.
The University of Tsukuba endeavors to contribute to the progress of science and culture. The University of Tsukuba aims to establish free exchange and close relationships in both basic and applied sciences with educational and research organizations and academic communities in Japan.
The university was established in October 1973, due to the relocation of its antecedent, the Tokyo University of Education, to the Tsukuba area. As the new concept comprehensive university in Japan to be established under a country-wide university reform plan, the University has featured “Openness” with “New Systems for Education and Research” under a “New University Administration.”
The University of Tsukuba aims to be an open university in all aspects and we are a frontrunner in the university reform in Japan. Our fundamental principle is to create a flexible education and research structure as well as a university system to meet the needs of the next generation.
- Tsukuba is one of the leading research institutions in Japan. According to Thomson Reuters, Tsukuba is the 10th best research institutions among all the universities and non-educational research institutions in Japan.
- Weekly Diamond reported that Tsukuba has the 27th highest research standard in Japan
- Tsukuba’s law school was ranked 19th in 2010 for its passing rate of the Japanese bar examination.
- According to the Weekly Economist’s 2010 rankings, graduates from Tsukuba have the 64th best employment rate in 400 major companies in Japan.
Research at University of Tsukuba
Some Research topics for 2017 are:
- The principle Feynman and Einstein could not find was discovered ~Why Faraday’s law and Lorentz force create the same electromotive force?~
- Cannabis, “Spice” – better think twice
- Researchers Break Through the Wall in Bacterial Membrane Vesicle Research
- Cannot sleep due to stress? Here is the cure
- The secret connection between anxiety and sleep
- What’s your story, morning glory? Scientists use CRISPR technology to change flower colour in an ornamental plant
Studying at University of Tsukuba
The University of Tsukuba has around 20,000 undergraduate and graduate students with a lot of faculty members.
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Doctorate Degrees
University of Tsukuba: Subjects
- Life Science
- Physical Science
- Engineering & Technology
- Social Sciences
- Clinical, pre-clinical & health
- Student Services
- Housing Services
- Library Services
- Medical Services
- Address: Japan, 〒305-8571 Ibaraki Prefecture, Tsukuba, Tennodai, 1 Chome−１−1
- Phone: +81 29-853-2111
- Website: http://www.tsukuba.ac.jp/en/
You can also join our facebook page kindly go through the given link: