Award Amount: $7500
Number of Awards: Up to four students each academic year
Deadline: November 20, 2017
Winner Announcement: January 2018
The University of Utah, a public coeducational space-grant research university is excited to announce the Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship Program. This foundation is providing the best opportunity on the basis of merit to students who have outstanding potential and intend to pursue research careers in mathematics, natural sciences, or engineering.
The university was established in 1850 as the University of Deseret by the General Assembly of the provisional State of Deseret, making it Utah’s oldest institution of higher education. Its helping ensures that the U.S. is producing the number of highly-qualified professionals.
To be eligible for this opportunity the applicants must follow the given guidelines:
- Be a current sophomore or junior pursuing a bachelors degree
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Be a US citizen, US national, or permanent resident and
- Have a demonstrated interest in a research career in mathematics, natural sciences, or engineering
Instructions for Applying:
In order to apply, applicants must create an account for complete a student profile and pre-application through the given link:
There are several elements associated with the Goldwater Application. These include :
- Online questionnaire
- Research essay:
- A description of the issue or problem
- A discussion of the research methodology, and
- A discussion of the student’s findings. It is very important that the essay details the student’s specific contributions to the project and indicate the specific skills/expertise the student developed as a result of participation in the project
- The Research Essay should include appropriate bibliographic information and references.
- Three letters of recommendation, You can download the University of Utah Letter of recommendation through the given link:https://science.utah.edu/students/FERPA%20Release%20for%20Goldwater.pdf
- If a student is a Permanent Resident, a copy of the student’s Permanent Resident Card and a Letter of Intent to become a U.S. citizen.
All application materials, including the recommendation of the letter, can be sent through this email: goldwater-at-scholarshipamerica.org
The University of Utah will provide an award up to $7500 for winning candidates.
Detailed Information Link:
If you any query, you can contact the Goldwater Help Desk at 507-931-8335 or goldwater-at-scholarshipamerica.org