Number of Awards: 1
Deadline: October 2, 2017, by 4:30 PM
Winner Announcement: Not known
The University of Utah (Utah) College of Health is delighted to announce the University Bookstore Scholarship to undergraduate or graduate students. The program is open to full-time students who declared major in the College of Health, have a minimum 2.5 GPA and demonstrate financial need.Preference shall be given to those applicants who will increase the diversity of the College of Health pursuant to applicable federal and state laws.
The College of Health is among the largest of the colleges and schools at the University of Utah with 2,500 undergraduates and 600 graduate students. The University is a public coeducational space-grant research university in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States. It was established in 1850 as the University of Deseret by the General Assembly of the provisional State of Deseret, making it Utah’s oldest institution of higher education.
- Undergraduate or Graduate students attending full time = 12 credit Undergraduate student and 9 credits Graduate Student.
- Must be a declared major in the College of Health. Pre-major will not be accepted.
- Must have a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Prefer Diversity or First generation student
- Have distinctive strengths in community service, leadership skills, etc.
- Must demonstrate financial need.
- The scholarship recipient must maintain full-time student status in the semester the scholarship is distributed. (Spring semester 2018)
- The scholarship recipient must have been enrolled full time, two of the three semesters in the previous academic year.
- Preference shall be given to applicants who will increase the diversity of the College of Health pursuant to applicable federal and state laws.
Instructions for Applying:
Individuals interested in applying for a scholarship should download the application through the given link: http://health.utah.edu/scholarships/scholarship-application.pdf
The following must be included in your scholarship application:
- A statement, no longer than two pages that include a brief history of yourself, your academic and professional goals, reasons why you feel you are a strong candidate for this scholarship, how you will increase diversity in the College of Health, and any financial information that should be considered.
- A list of all scholarships and financial aid that you have received while attending the University of Utah.
- A list of any pertinent accomplishments, honors, or special awards of recognition you have received.
- A description of your community involvement and/or university activities.
- A current (Fall 2017 semester) DARS or transcript with grades. If you have been at the University of Utah for less than two semesters, please submit a transcript from other schools attended.
- Two letters of recommendation. Letters must be signed and sealed with the author’s signature across the envelope flap.http://registrar.utah.edu/_pdf/letter-of-rec.pdf
- Students must also complete FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Financial Aid). FAFSA link is made available at the University Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid: http://financialaid.utah.edu/
The applicants must send the completed application with required documentation to the University of Utah, Sorenson Legacy Foundation Center for Student Success, ATTN. Lorraine Brown, 250 South 1850 East, Room 200, Salt Lake City, UT. 84112-0920
One scholarship will be awarded Spring Semester 2018, in the amount of $200.00.
Detailed Information Link:
If you have questions about the application, contact Lorraine Brown, Administrative Officer, 801-581-8379, or Shari Lindsey, Assistant Dean in the College of Health, at 801-585-5764. Students can also visit HPR N, Room 200 for more information.