Universidad San Francisco de Quito (USFQ) is a private liberal arts university located in Quito, Ecuador. USFQ offers undergraduate degrees (Bachelor of Arts/BA, Bachelor of Science/BS), professional degrees (Architect, Lawyer, Engineer), and postgraduate degrees (Master’s and Training). It was the first totally private self-financed university in Ecuador. USFQ has developed a scholarship program for indigenous students, offering full scholarships to the best students of public high schools throughout Ecuador.
The Universidad San Francisco de Quito USFQ is a global leader in education, research, creativity, entrepreneurship, and freedom in Latin America. USFQ is the only university in the world that owns a campus in the Galapagos Islands, and a campus in the Yasuni Biosphere Reserve (Tiputini Biodiversity Station), one of Earth’s most biodiverse areas.
The USFQ forms educates, investigates, and serves the community within the philosophy of the liberal arts, integrating all sectors of society
- Founded in 1988, it is the first private university of Ecuador.
- USFQ currently has 8500 students.
- 50% of professors have a D.
- There are more than 100 Bilateral Exchange Partnerships at USFQ.
- 1000 International students attend USFQ every year.
- USFQ ranked #1 University in Ecuador and #57 in Latin America
- USFQ’s main scientific stations include “GAIAS” in the Galapagos Islands and the “Tiputini Biodiversity Station” in the Amazon Rainforest.
Academic (Academic Colleges and Institutes)
- Universidad San Francisco de Quito USFQ was founded in 1988 by the Corporación de Promoción Universitaria, its umbrella non-profit foundation.
- The University now enrolls 5,500 students, 4,500 of whom are undergraduates.
- The University each year has about 100 indigenous students and 1000 international students participate in USFQ academic programs.
- It was recognized by the Ministry of Education and Culture of Ecuador in October 1995 and accredited by CONESUP in May 2001.
- By 2017, USFQ is divided into 15 academic colleges and institutes spread across three campuses across Ecuador (Cumbayá-Quito, Tiputini Biodiversity Station, and the Galápagos Islands):
- Colegio de Administración y Economía (CADE) – College of Business Administration and Economics
- Colegio de Arquitectura y Diseño Interior (CADI) – College of Architecture and Interior Design
- Colegio de Ciencias Sociales y Humanidades (COCISOH) – College of Social Sciences and Humanities
- Colegio de Ciencias Biológicas y Ambientales (COCIBA) – College of Biological and Environmental Sciences
- Colegio de Ciencias de la Salud (COCSA) – College of Health Science
- Colegio de Ciencias e Ingeniería (Politécnico) – College of Sciences and Engineering – The Polytechnic
- Colegio de Comunicación y Artes Contemporáneas (COCOA) – College of Communication and Contemporary Arts
- Colegio de Hospitalidad, Arte Culinario y Turismo (CHAT) – College of Hospitality, Culinary Arts, and Tourism
- Colegio de Jurisprudencia (JUR)- College of Jurisprudence
- Colegio de Musica (CoM) – College of Music
- Academia Regional de Redes CISCO-USFQ – Regional CISCO-USFQ Academy
- GAIAS – Galapagos Academic Institute for the Arts and Sciences
- Instituto Confucio – Confucius Institute
- Instituto de Enseñanza y Aprendizaje (IDEA) – Institute of Teaching and Learning
- Instituto de Lenguas Extranjeras (ILE) – Institute of Foreign Languages
- Bachelor’s degrees: (Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science) The Ecuador-based Universidad San Francisco de Quito (USFQ) offers 51 bachelor’s degrees, including:
- Environmental management
- Chemical engineering
- Professional degrees
- Postgraduate degrees
University Summer Internship Program
- Participating students will be placed in internships in an office of the Quito municipal government and complete 272 hours of work.
- A participating student must:
- Be a university student from outside of Ecuador with a minimum of the third year (junior) standing (60 or more earned credits at the time of participation).Graduate students are also welcome to apply.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8.
- Have a minimum of four (4) semesters of college-level Spanish or equivalent.
- Program dates: 9-week option: mid-May to late July, and 12-week option: mid-May to mid-August
- For more information about housing, cost, application, forms, and contact at http://www.usfq.edu.ec/opi/international-students/Paginas/summer-internship-program.aspx#demoTab1
USFQ ranked #1 University in Ecuador and #57 in Latin America (2016 QS University Rankings).
- 1000 International students attend USFQ every year.
- Average tuition fees for international students range between US$5,000.00 and US$6,000.00 a semester depending on courses.
- Exchange students should expect a total cost of US$8,000 to US$9,000 a semester because of additional program features, such as a week in the Galapagos Islands campus.
USFQ Student Exchange
The International Programs Office (OPI) offers USFQ students the opportunity to take a summer, a semester or a year of study at one of the 100 universities with which we have agreements around the world.
- It is a unique experience in student life.
- Improve the language.
- Learn to be independent.
- To know global perspectives.
- Create friends from all over the world.
- Optimize CV and make it more competitive.
Address: San Francisco University of Quito, Av. Diego de Robles, and Vía Interoceánica
Telephone: (+593 2) 297-1700
Fax: (+593 2) 289-0070
You can also join our facebook page for latest updates kindly go through the given link: https://www.facebook.com/DevelopingCareer/