Award Amount: $1,500
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: December 29, 2017 at 11:59 PM CST
Winner Announcement: Fall 2018 & Spring 2019
The United States Hispanic Leadership Institute (USHLI) is proud to declare a scholarship termed as “Scholarship For Young Hispanic Leaders”. To eligible, the applicants must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a full-time student, in an accredited four-year or two-year institution in the United States or territories. All applicants must demonstrate a verifiable need for financial support.
Since 1982, United States Hispanic Leadership Institute (USHLI) is an award-winning national nonprofit organization and Census Information Center (CIC). It is to fulfill the promises and principles of democracy by promoting education and leadership development, empowering Latinos and similarly disenfranchised groups through civic engagement and research, and by maximizing participation in the electoral process.
To eligible, the candidates must meet all the following criteria:
- All candidates must also be available to attend the 36th National USHLI Conference in Chicago, IL, February 15-18, 2018.
- All candidates must be at least one parent must be of Hispanic ancestry.
- All candidates Non-US citizens are eligible to apply (DACA or Undocumented).
- All candidates must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a full-time student, in an accredited four-year or two-year institution in the U.S. or U.S.
Instructions for Applying:
You can apply online for the given scholarship through the given link:https://form.jotform.us/71346695484165
Applicants are required to provide all of the following documents in order to be considered:
- Background Essay: Applicants must submit a 500-1000 word self-description in PDF format including his/her family history (parents, siblings), life and/or work experiences that have influenced the applicant, and pertinent extracurricular and community involvement activities.
- Leadership Essay: Applicants must submit a 500-1000 word analysis in PDF format that describes the most pervasive issue in their community. How will they address it? How will their education and career experience help them address this issue?
- Optional Essay: What else would you like to share with us that is relevant to your application being selected for this scholarship?
- Resume: Applicants must submit a one-page resume in PDF format of their work experience, academic accomplishments, and other relevant information.
- Portrait Picture: Applicants must submit a recent photograph (high-resolution, color, size: 2.5 x3.5 ratios, PNG, JPG, or GIF). The picture should be suitable (headshot) for use in any printed literature announcing the recipients.
- Transcript: Applicants must submit the most updated transcript. All transcripts must be attached as a PDF document to this form.
- Letters of Recommendation: Applicants must submit three letters of recommendation that meet the following requirements:
- letters should focus on the applicant’s leadership abilities and past academic performance, while also indicating an ability or desire to effectively serve their community, individuals submitting letters of recommendation should have worked closely with the applicant in an academic, professional, or community service setting.
The applicant must submit Letters and requisite materials by e-mail in PDF format to Adrian Calderon at acalderon-at-ushli.org by January 5, 2018.
The United States Hispanic Leadership Institute will provide a one time non-renewable $1,000 scholarship for a four-year university or $500 scholarship for two-year college.
Detailed Information Link: