Award Amount: $60,000
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: November 1, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not known
The Vanderbilt University is pleased to announce its Academic Pathways Postdoctoral Fellowship. The program is open to all programs of study within the College of Arts & Science, Owen Graduate School of Management, Peabody College of Education and Human Development, School of Divinity, School of Engineering, School of Law, and School of Medicine. International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
Founded in 1873, Vanderbilt University is a private research university located in Nashville, Tennessee. it was provided by the school with its initial $1 million endowments despite having never been to the South. Vanderbilt hoped that his gift and the greater work of the university would help to heal the sectional wounds inflicted by the Civil War.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the Fellowship :
- This application is open to individuals with a doctorate degree (Ph.D., Ed.D., etc.) and/or a law degree (J.D.) who have received their degree within the last 3 years.
- Academic Pathways welcomes proposals from all eligible individuals; no person shall be excluded from participation on grounds of race, color, age, sex, national origin or disability.
- Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to research and career goals that are consistent with the following school’s research foci and faculty expertise and must have strong professional aspirations for faculty positions within the academy. The following Vanderbilt colleges and schools are participants in the program:
- College of Arts & Science
- Owen Graduate School of Management
- Peabody College of Education and Human Development
- School of Engineering
- School of Law
- School of Medicine
- International applicants must hold an advanced degree that is equivalent to the degrees outlined above from an institution in the United States.
Instructions for Applying:
Each of the following components is required in order to be considered a complete application.
- Online Application Form (https://gradschool.vanderbilt.edu/postdoctoral/postdoc_forms.php)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Dissertation Summary and Other Recent Scholarly Endeavors
- Personal Statement
- Writing Sample (humanities applicants only)
- Letters of Recommendation
Your materials can send by email at:schyler.b.turrin-at-vanderbilt.edu.
Academic Pathways Fellows will receive an annual stipend of $60,000 for two to three years (depending on academic discipline) along with benefits, travel funding, and a research allowance.
Detailed Information Link: