Award Amount: Expenses are covered like airfare, hotel accommodations, local transportation
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: October 20, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not known
The Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States is excited to announce the VFW-SVA Legislative Fellowship program to the students.In order to apply, the candidates must submission of an essay proposal based on one of four priority issues for the veterans’ community. This program is to help to educate their legislators on the issues facing today’s student veterans alongside mentors selected from the VFW National Legislative Committee.
The Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States is a nonprofit veteran service organization comprised of eligible veterans and military service members from the active, guard and reserve forces. To foster camaraderie among United States veterans of overseas conflicts.
Applicants for the fellowship must meet each of the following requirements:
- Applicants must have age of 18 years old
- Current enrollment at a college or university with an active SVA chapter
- Preference for students studying political science, government, law, journalism, history or a related field
- VFW membership is required
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants must write an essay proposal based on one of four priority issues for the veterans’ community. The essay prompt is given below:
- How to improve the VA health care system
- Ways to strengthen the Post-9/11 GI Bill
- Veteran success on campus
- Transition from military to civilian life
To apply, the applicant can submit an online application through the given link:https://studentveterans.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6xtzSE1fK4Oywzb
Expenses are covered for the fellowship include airfare, hotel accommodations, local transportation to/from meetings and a per diem allowance to participate in the VFW National Legislative Conference.
Detailed Information Link: