Award Amount: $4,456
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: November 30, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not Known
The Virginia Department of Health is thrilled o announce “EMS Scholarship” for Virginia resident. To apply the student must be enrolled in a Virginia Office of EMS-approved EMS initial certification or advanced certification program. The scholarship provides funding support to qualified applicants seeking to earn an initial or advanced EMS credential within the Commonwealth of Virginia.
The Virginia Department of Health oversees public health throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia in the United States. It has 35 local health districts. The mission of the Virginia Department of Health is to protect the health and promote the well-being of all people in Virginia.
Applicants for the scholarship must meet each of the following requirements:
- Must be a Virginia resident (college students enrolled in Virginia colleges and military service members are excluded from this requirement, however, must provide sufficient documentation).
- Must be enrolled in a Virginia Office of EMS-approved EMS initial certification or advanced certification program.
- The program and/or instructor must be at or above the 16.
- The program and/or instructor may not have a current Virginia Office of EMS-imposed Enforcement Action.
- Only completed applications will be evaluated for an award.
Instructions for Applying:
If you want to apply for the fellowship, you may go through the given link: https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/EMSSP/
Awards are as follows:
- EMT: $495
- Advanced EMT (AEMT): $619
- Intermediate: $1,176
- Paramedic: $2,166
- Special Award (current Intermediates enrolled in a Paramedic program): $5,416
Detailed Information Link: