Award Amount: Professional artists: $8000, visual arts or art history: $6000, visual arts (including college-bound high school seniors): $4000
Number of Awards: 3
Deadline: November 3, 2017, at 5 pm
Winner Announcement: Not Known
The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts is inviting applicants for its Visual Arts Fellowships program.In order to apply, the candidates must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States, as well as a current legal resident of Virginia.The aim of the fellowships is to support to students who demonstrate exceptional creative ability in their chosen discipline. These fellowships are available for professional artists and art, and art history students.
The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, or VMFA, is an art museum in Richmond, Virginia, in the United States, which opened in 1936.The museum is owned and operated by the Commonwealth of Virginia, while private donations, endowments, and funds are used for the support of specific programs and all acquisition of artwork.
To eligible, applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States, as well as a current legal resident of Virginia, and have been so for at least 24 consecutive months prior to the application deadline.
- Applicants must continue to be a legal resident of Virginia for the Fellowship period of Aug 2018–May 2019. A legal resident has a valid Virginia driver’s license, and/or pays income taxes in Virginia, and/or is a registered Virginia voter. Applicants must be able to provide verification of residency upon request.
- Applicants cannot be a degree-seeking student at the time of the application deadline nor plan to be a degree-seeking student during the Fellowship period of Aug 2018–May 2019.
Instructions for Applying:
The online application process must be completed by the given link:
A complete application includes:
- General Application Form
- Work Samples (Images/videos/papers)
- Work Sample Submission Form/list (outlined in How to apply)
- Artistic Statement (visual arts only)
- Transcript (students only)
These fellowships will cover the followings:
- Professional artists: $8000
- Full-time graduate students in the visual arts or art history: $6000
- Full-time undergrad. students in the visual arts (including college-bound high school seniors): $4000
Detailed Information Link: