Award Amount: One-time, short-term (1 year, maximum) research studies
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: October 30th annually
Winner Announcement: December 1st annually
Walden University provides Opportunities “The Don E. Ackerman Fellowship” in Educational Leadership supports research. The fellowship in Educational Leadership is open to Walden University faculty, staff, and students. The program is designed to encourage research conducted in the name of the university and contributing to the continuing improvement of teaching and learning through leadership.
Walden University is a for-profit Public Benefit Corporation, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Walden University offers Bachelor of Science, Master of Science, Master of Business Administration, Master of Public Administration, Master of Public Health, Education Specialist, Doctor of Education, Doctor of Business Administration, and Doctor of Philosophy degrees in a number of academic fields.
Learn more about this fellowship program:
- The Ackerman Research Fellowship in Educational Leadership is open to Walden University faculty, staff, and students.
- While only research proposals that are determined to be of exceptional scholarly merit will be funded, in an effort to recognize newly emerging scholars, proposals submitted by students will be considered for funding from a separate pool.
- The research fellowship funds cannot be used for tuition at Walden, or another institution.
Instructions for Applying:
Faculty/Staff and student both can complete the application by the given link: http://academicguides.waldenu.edu/researchcenter/internalfunding/ackerman#collapseOne
The fellowship recipient’s school must provide:
- Cover Page
- Research Abstract
- Research Description
- Research Budget
- Human Subjects Review
- Plans for Dissemination of Research Findings
- V. or NIH-formatted Bio-sketch
- $8,000 funding ceiling for collaborative or single investigator authored research proposals.
- $1,000 funding ceiling for research conducted by a single student.
- The Research proposed by students must be based on their doctoral capstone research.
- Up to two fellowships may be awarded, depending upon availability of program funds.
Detailed Information Link: