Award Amount: $10,000
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: February 15, 2018
Winner Announcement: Not known
The Wartburg College is inviting the applications for their Academically and Civically Engaged Scientists Scholarship Program.The scholarship program is open to a full-time Wartburg student majoring in Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering, Environmental Science, Mathematics, Neuroscience, Physics or the K-12 teaching option of any of these fields. It also includes those students in a year-long program with activities ranging from mentoring to community service projects.
Wartburg College is a four-year liberal arts college of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America located in Waverly, Iowa. Wartburg West is in Denver, Colorado. As of 2012, the most popular programs of study at Wartburg were (in order): business, biology, elementary education, and speech communication/rhetoric.
In order to participate in the scholarship, entrants must meet the following criteria:
- The applicants must be US citizenship or permanent residency.
- The applicants must be successful completion of at least one science or math class each year of high school (and each semester at Wartburg for current students).
- The applicants must be 0 or 4.0 GPA in all previous math and science classes (in high school or college).
- The applicants must be a full-time Wartburg student majoring in Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering, Environmental Science, Mathematics, Neuroscience, Physics or the K-12 teaching.
- The applicants must act subject and composite scores
Instructions for Applying:
In order to apply, the applicants will provide an application essay on the topic, that is given below :
- How is your chosen STEM field used to the benefit of the (local, regional, national, or global) community?
- All applicants will apply for this program through the given link is: http://www.wartburg.edu/aces-application
The Wartburg College will provide an award up to $10,000 for each of the 5 years of the grant to high-achieving STEM students.
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any questions, contact directly toDr LeAnn Faidley, 319-352-8340, ACES Program PI, Dr. Christine DeVries, 319-352-8712, ACES Program co-PI, Dr. Mariah Birgen, 319-352-8565, ACES Program co-PI.