Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: Select an audition date: November 11,2017, January 20,2018, February 9 ,2018, & February 17,2018
Winner Announcement: Not known
Wartburg College is glad to offer the Meistersinger Music Scholarships to recognize and encourage talented student musicians who thrive on Wartburg’s academic challenges. The scholarship is awarded up to $5,000 annually in vocal, keyboard, and instrumental music each year to a student of Wartburg awards more than $500,000 in music scholarships.
Wartburg College is a four-year liberal arts college of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America located in Waverly, Iowa. Wartburg West is in Denver, Colorado. It maintains an 89 percent medical school placement rate and a 100 percent placement rate in other fields of medicine.
Eligible applicants will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Applicants must apply and be accepted for admission to Wartburg College prior to the audition.
- Scholarship selection is based on musical performance and ability as demonstrated at the audition.
- Scholarships are awarded to incoming first-year and transfer students.
- Open to music and non-music majors.
- All applications for an audition must be received one week prior to the selected audition date.
- Maintaining a music scholarship requires participation in an approved ensemble. Scholarships awarded at $2500 or above also require enrollment in music lessons both fall and winter terms. A student must receive at least a B- grade for their lesson in order to remain eligible for the following term.
Instructions for Applying:
To apply for the scholarship, the applicant can download the application go through the given link: http://d30ufu6vr9yoyg.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/auditioninfo.pdf
To apply, students should submit the following:
- Students should prepare two contrasting pieces. Memorization is required for Meistersinger vocal scholarship auditions. Vocal selections must be accompanied by piano. The repertoire chosen must come from classical (contest-type) solo literature. Original compositions, choral selections, and non-classical pieces are inappropriate for these auditions.
- Students who live more than 350 miles from Wartburg may submit a CD or DVD demonstrating their performance ability.
- Ten minutes will be allotted for each audition.
- Students may audition in a maximum of two applied areas.
- Voice Auditions: An accompanist is required. It is recommended that the student provide his/her own accompanist.Students should bring one original copy of their music with any cuts or repeats clearly marked.
- Instrumental Audition: An accompanist is not required.
- Music should be sent to the Wartburg Music Office.
Wartburg College will provide an awards range in size up to $5,000 annually in vocal, keyboard, and instrumental music. Each year, Wartburg awards more than $500,000 in music scholarships.
Detailed Information Link: