The College of William & Mary in Virginia is a public research university located in Williamsburg, Virginia, United States. William and Mary is the oldest college in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the oldest institution of higher education in the American South. It is the second-oldest institution of higher education in the United States after Harvard University. College of William & Mary is a public institution that was founded in 1693. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 6,276, its setting is suburban, and the campus size is 1,200 acres.
Mission & Vision
- Mission: To facilitate the transition, and ultimate persistence, of new students (either first-time-in-college or transfer) into the W&M community through opportunities that promote academic, social, and personal growth.
- Vision: To create an engaging transitional experience where matriculates are empowered to optimally thrive at William & Mary.
William and Mary Acceptance Rate
- The College of William & Mary is highly selective. The acceptance rate in 2016 was only 37 percent.
- William & Mary Acceptance Rate is 34% in 2015.
- The student-faculty ratio at College of William & Mary is 12:1, and the school has 49.2 percent of its classes with fewer than 20 students.
- The most popular majors at College of William & Mary include Social Sciences, Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services, Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Psychology, and Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies.
In fulfilling its mission, William & Mary adopt the following specific goals:
- To attract outstanding students from diverse backgrounds.
- To develop a diverse faculty which is nationally and internationally recognized for excellence in both teaching and research.
- To provide a challenging undergraduate program with a liberal arts and sciences curriculum that encourages creativity, independent thought, and intellectual depth, breadth, and curiosity.
- To offer high-quality graduate and professional programs that prepare students for intellectual, professional, and public leadership.
- To instill in its students an appreciation for the human condition, a concern for the public well-being, and a life-long commitment to learning.
- To use the scholarship and skills of its faculty and students to further human knowledge and understanding, and to address specific problems confronting the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world.
Cost & Financial Aid
At College of William & Mary, 34 percent of full-time undergraduates receive some kind of need-based financial aid, and the average need-based scholarship or grant award is $16,137.
- In the 15 years since S. News & World Report began ranking public universities as a separate category, W&M’s undergraduate program has always ranked in the Top 10.
- W&M was ranked 6th best public and tied for the 32nd best overall university program in America, according to 2017.
- S. News & World Report also rated William & Mary’s undergraduate teaching as the 4th best in the nation in its 2016 rankings.
Acceptance Rate: 7.9% (2016)
- The College of William & Mary is a medium-sized, highly residential, public research university.
- The focal point of the university is its four-year, full-time undergraduate program which comprises most of the institution’s enrollment.
- The College has a strong undergraduate arts & sciences focus, with a select number of graduate programs in diverse fields ranging from American colonial history to marine science.
William and Mary is the highest-ranked national university for placement of its graduates in public or government service according to Washington Monthly Magazine.
- The College enjoys a temperate climate.
- In addition to renovations on the student recreation center (including a new gym, rock climbing wall, and larger exercise rooms), the largely wooded campus has its own lake and the outdoor amphitheater.
- Address: 77 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
- Phone: +1 617-253-1000
- Website: http://web.mit.edu/
You can also join our facebook page for latest updates kindly go through the given link: https://www.facebook.com/DevelopingCareer/