The Wings Over America Scholarship Foundation (WOASF) is glad to announce a scholarship program named as “WOASF Scholarship”. The program is open to dependent children and the dependent spouse who are graduate/ or will be graduate with an A.A., A.S., B.A. or B.S. degree or industry certification. The WOAF foundation is sponsoring over 50 scholarships to Navy dependents from the Aviation community up to $3,000.
The Wings Over America Scholarship Foundation WOASF is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit and donation is tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. Its mission is to provide college scholarships to dependent children and spouses of all US Navy personnel- officer and enlisted – active duty, retired, honorably discharged or deceased who served within Naval Air Forces.
Dependent Children Candidates Eligibility Requirements:
- Children are defined as natural born, adopted or stepchildren, unmarried, up to the age of 22 on March 1st of applying year.
- Those who are children (no grandchildren) of a sponsor must be graduates or graduating seniors of an accredited high school or an equivalent home school or institution and must plan to attend an accredited academic institution in the 2018-2019 school year.
- College students must be enrolled in a regionally accredited Trade/Technical School, College or University as a full-time student taking a minimum of 12 credits in order to graduate with an A.A., A.S, B.A. or B.S degree or industry certification.
Dependent Spouse Candidates Eligibility Requirements:
- Those who are spouses of a sponsor must plan to be or are currently enrolled in a regionally accredited Trade/Technical School, College or University as a full time or part-time student.
- Taking a minimum of 6 credit hours per semester (12 per year) in order to graduate with an A.A., A.S., B.A. or B.S. degree or industry certification.
- No scholarships are awarded for Graduate programs/study.
- Spouses may receive an unlimited number of awards while pursuing an A.A., A.S., B.A. or B.S. degree.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants must create an account through the given link to apply for the fellowship program:
- The Wings Over America Scholarship Foundation is sponsoring over 50 scholarships, most scholarships are $3,000 and some are renewable.
- The scholarship covers tuition & tuition-related fees.
Deadline: Application deadline of the scholarship is February 1, 2018.
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any questions throughout the scholarship process please contact:
- Melissa Garrison, Scholarship Administrator 757-228-3532 Email: scholarship-at-wingsoveramerica.us
- Christine Wilson, Executive Director 757-228-3314