Award Amount: $3,000
Number of Awards: Three (3)
Deadline: November 10, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not Known
Women In Bio Organization would like to announce “Women In Bio Founders Scholarship” for women’s. The scholarship was established to advance the educational development of women by encouraging and supporting education on all aspects of life science. Through the scholarship they want to provide a forum for women to come together to celebrate and support each other’s success, and in so doing created a dynamic and invaluable forum for the local community.
Women In Bio is an organization of professionals committed to promoting careers, leadership, and entrepreneurship of women in the life sciences. They are an organization of professional women from all career walks in the field of life sciences. All volunteers and they all share the goal of enabling and empowering women to reach the highest levels of leadership, and — more importantly — to fulfill their own career aspirations.
All Scholarship applicants must be:
- Hien Anh Nguyen from the Chicago chapter. Plans to attend the BIO 2017 Entrepreneurship Boot Camp.
- Leslie Gailloud from the NY chapter. Plans to attend the MGM Resorts Women’s Leadership Conference.
- Chelsea Zhou from the DC chapter. Plans to attend an Effective Communications and Human Relations skills workshop.
- Susan Farabaugh from the Pittsburgh chapter. Plans to attend a week-long course focused on “Managing Science in the Biotech Industry”.
- Daniela Grabs from the Seattle chapter. Plans to attend an Executive Seminar, “Strategic Communications and Negotiations”.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants must submit the following information given below:
Personal Information Name:
- Resume and Additional Information Please attach a copy of your resume and any other relevant information you feel would help the WIB scholarship committee understand your interest, aptitude, and passion for a career in the life sciences.
- Applicants must write an essay and essay should be 500 words or less, please provide the following essay describing:
- Your current position and how you got to where you are in your career.
- Involvement with WIB and its importance.
- How you would use the scholarship money, if awarded, including the title of Professional Development workshop/conference/seminar/etc, date of the event, and approximate cost to attend.
After complete, the application packet must be send completed applications to scholarship-at-womeninbio.org, titled “WIB Scholarship”.
This year scholarship will be offering three $1,000 professional scholarships.
Detailed Information Link: