Title: Undergraduate Research Assistant
Salary Range: Rate of pay is $11.00 – $12.00
Consideration Date: Ongoing
Location: Worcester MA
At Worcester State University an Undergraduate Research Assistant posts available. Students who have enrolled WSU Chemistry or Biotechnology programs can apply for this job. Under the supervision of Dr. Xu, carry out the reactions and modify the conditions, perform the synthesis and structure analyses of drug-like molecules, clean, and organize them.
Worcester State University is an American liberal arts and sciences university located in Worcester, Massachusetts. In 1874, The Worcester Normal School was founded by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a teacher-training school. The school started offering Bachelor of Science in Education degrees in 1921. In 1932, the name was changed to Worcester State Teachers College and relocated to its present location on Chandler Street.
To be eligible, the student must possess
- Must be enrolled in either WSU Chemistry or Biotechnology programs
- Organic chemistry background preferred
- Respectful team player
- Work under the supervision to carry out designed syntheses, purify the compounds, use 1HNMR, 13C NMR, HPLC and LC-MS to analyze the compounds.
- Perform other research-related assignments.
- Collaborate with other labs to check the bio-activities of the compounds.
- Follow the chemistry lab safety rules, keep the lab clean and tidy.
How to Apply:
You must check the given link to apply
The rate of pay is $11.00 – $12.00 based on class year.