Award Amount: $3,000 per month
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: November 1, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not known
The Yale University Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library are pleased to offer the Visiting Graduate Student Fellowships.The program is open to all graduate students seeking these fellowships must be currently enrolled in a Ph.D./doctoral program and must have completed their coursework, passed their qualifying examinations, and be prepared to pursue research based upon an approved dissertation prospectus/proposal.
The Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library is the rare book library and literary archive of the Yale University Library in New Haven, Connecticut. Situated on Yale University’s Hewitt Quadrangle, the building was designed by Gordon Bunshaft of Skidmore, Owings & Merrill and completed in 1963.
To be eligible:
- Graduate students seeking must be currently enrolled in a Ph.D./doctoral
- The applicants must have completed their coursework, passed their qualifying examinations, and be prepared to pursue research based upon an approved dissertation prospectus/proposal.
Instructions for Applying:
To enter, the applicants submit their online application form through the given link: https://yale.communityforce.com/Funds/Search.aspx
Applicants are required to submit the following materials:
- An online application form.
- A curriculum vitae will be required.
- A proposal (1200 word maximum) explaining in detail the specific relationship between the Beinecke Collections and the applicant’s research.
- A detailed list of specific research materials to be consulted at Beinecke during your fellowship.
- Two confidential letters of recommendation sent to the Fellowship Coordinator, one of which must come from the principal director of the applicant’s dissertation.
- An approved dissertation prospectus/proposal.
These fellowships will pay for the cost of travel to and from New Haven and a living allowance of $3,000 per month. Awards will be announced approximately eight weeks following application deadlines.
Detailed Information Link: