Award Amount: $1000
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: October 15 for spring and March 5 for Fall or Full Year Abroad
Winner Announcement: Not known
As part of CIEE’s Academic Consortium, Yale’s Study Abroad Office is pleased to announce the CIEE Program Scholarship for Year or Term Abroad. In order to apply, the applicant must be a second-semester sophomore or a first or second-semester junior at the time of enrollment abroad. Yale Study Abroad is here to guide you through the process of identifying the international experience that fits your goals and interests.
Yale University is committed to improving the world today and for future generations through outstanding research and scholarship, education, preservation, and practice. Yale educates aspiring leaders worldwide who serve all sectors of society.
To eligible for Year or Term Abroad for Credit, the applicant must meet all the requirements:
- Students must be applying for a CIEE program for the fall, spring, or full year abroad
- Be a second-semester sophomore or a first or second semester junior at time of enrollment abroad
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, or Applicants with a cumulative GPA below 3.0 will be asked to submit an additional short essay that addresses their GPA and outlines specific strategies for maintaining academic good standing abroad. You should also ensure that you meet the GPA requirement of your intended study abroad program(s).
- Be in academic good standing
- Not be on disciplinary probation at time of enrollment abroad; when reviewing applications for approval, disciplinary records will be taken into consideration
Instructions for Applying:
To apply, the students must submit a Year or Term Abroad Application for Credit at the given link: http://studyabroad.yale.edu/apply
One page essay to addressing the following question:
- One of the goals of the Yale Study Abroad Office is to encourage more students to consider studying abroad for the semester and to raise the visibility of term-time study abroad.
- Describe for us one specific outreach event you would undertake, upon return to Yale, to help promote the value of a semester or full year abroad.
- Be sure to outline your target population, timeline, and the ways in which you hope to incorporate your own experiences abroad.
Email a one-page essay to studyabroad-at-yale.edu.
Yale’s Study Abroad Office is able to nominate one student each semester to receive a $1000 scholarship to attend a CIEE semester program. Recipients of this scholarship are required to organize one study abroad outreach event upon their return to campus.Awards are offered on the condition that applicants are approved by Yale to study abroad
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any questions, contact by email studyabroad-at-yale.edu