Award Amount: $10,000
Number of Awards: Thirty-Five (35)
Deadline: November 15, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not Known
Zonta International, through its foundation, is thrilled to announce a scholarship program named as “Zonta International Amelia Earhart Fellowship”. Women of any nationality pursuing a Ph.D./doctoral degree who demonstrate a superior academic record in the field of aerospace-related sciences or aerospace-related engineering are eligible to apply. The scholarship is designed to assist the future of women in the fields of aerospace-related sciences or aerospace-related engineering.
Since 1923, Zonta International has provided more than 31 million US Dollars to empower women and expand their access to education, healthcare, economic opportunities and safe living conditions. Zonta improves women’s lives, their children’s lives and the communities in which they live and work.
Scholarship Applicants must meet the following criteria
- Women of any nationality pursuing a Ph.D./doctoral degree who demonstrate a superior academic record in the field of aerospace-related sciences or aerospace-related engineering are eligible.
- Applicants must be registered in a full-time Ph.D./doctoral program when funds are received in September and must not graduate before April 2018.
- Post-doctoral research programs are not eligible for the Fellowship.
- Members and employees of Zonta International or the Zonta International Foundation are also not eligible to apply for the Fellowship.
Previous Amelia Earhart Fellows are not eligible to apply to renew the Fellowship for the second year.
Instructions for Applying:
You should go through the given link to download the application form: https://www.zonta.org/Portals/0/Membership/Tools/AwardScholarshipFellowshipTools/AEFellowship2018Application.pdf
To apply, students must be ready to submit the following:
- Biographical information (as requested on page 4 of the application).
- Plans for intended study. List and include official detailed transcripts of grades from all universities/colleges attended, including undergraduate institutions and degrees received.
- List and include translated transcripts in English of all grades from all universities/colleges/institutions attended.
- List scholarships, fellowships, and honors received if any.
- List previous publications, if any. (Please do not attach publications).
- Employment history, if any.
- Essay on academic program and professional goals – applicant should describe, in general, scientific terms, a well-defined research program for her Ph.D./doctoral studies.
- Three recommendations from professors (or supervisors), one of the recommendations must be from a thesis supervisor or advisor and one from a university professor.
- Use the provided recommendation waiver form if professor or supervisor is submitting a recommendation via email.
- Verification of Current Enrollment form from the university/college registrar
- All non-English documents must be translated into English to be considered.
- Information other than official transcripts and recommendations must be limited to the space provided, attachments, articles, pamphlets, books, curriculum vitae or other publications are not requested and will not be considered.
After complete, the application must address at given below
1211 West 22nd Street, Suite 900
Oak Brook, IL 60523 USA
F: +1(630) 928-1559
Email address: Programs-at-zonta.org
Each year, 35 talented women, pursuing Ph.D./doctoral degrees in aerospace-related sciences or aerospace-related engineering around the globe, are chosen to receive the US$10,000 Fellowship.
Detailed Information Link: